The Rabbit Hole is written by Blas Moros. To support, sign up for the newsletter, become a patron, and/or join The Latticework. Original Design by Thilo Konzok.
- Summit isn’t just in the business of helping launch entrepreneurs. It’s in the business of creating community, the most valuable form of social capital—the intimate, supportive relationships that spur collaboration while deeply satisfying our human need for connection, belonging, and meaning.
- Some of the key lessons of this book: generosity in relationships, above all; audacity; social arbitrage; blending the personal and professional; connecting through passions; giving back; having fun.
- Once a dirty word, networking has become the lingua franca of our times, acknowledged as an inherently human pursuit—not ugly or exploitative, but inherent to the forces of reciprocity that drive human development and a collaborative economy. Today’s most valuable currency is social capital, defined as the information, expertise, trust, and total value that exist in the relationships you have and social networks to which you belong.
- Science has validated the equation: Success in Life = The People You Meet + What You Create Together
- Your network is your destiny
- Your path to greatness begins the moment you find the courage and the audacity to reach out with generosity.
- Important steps to take to successful networking:
- Create a fulfilling, authentic, effective networking strategy that lasts a lifetime
- Build and align social capital to achieve ever more ambitious goals
- Combine strategy and serendipity to keep in constant contact with a wide network of people
- Filter and prioritize your relationships for quality interchange that supports your goals and values
- Cultivate a magnetic personal brand that has people clamoring to share information, access, and resources
- Translate that brand to social media to build a devoted online tribe
- Increase your value to your network, and specifically to your company or clients
- Create innovative content to build a reputation as an expert and increase your online influence
- Get “discovered” and tapped for the best opportunities
- Create a life that you love and the network to cheer you on
What I got out of it
- Too many good tips, examples and lessons to try to summarize. It is a quick read and very worthwhile no matter how old you are, where you are in your career or what industry you are in. Building relationships through generosity will help you regardless
In the Latticework, we've distilled, curated, and interconnected the 750+book summaries from The Rabbit Hole. If you're looking to make the ideas from these books actionable in your day-to-day life and join a global tribe of lifelong learners, you'll love The Latticework. Join us today.