- What would it be like to free yourself from limitations and soar beyond your boundaries? What can you do each day to discover inner peace and serenity? The Untethered Soul offers simple yet profound answers to these questions.
- The 3 big distractions from the seat of our soul – the outside world, our thoughts, our emotions.
- All external movement is striving to make ourselves feel good inside. Aim to fix the internal rather than try to patch through the external
- Come to understand that nothing that happens is personal. You are witness to a tiny fraction of all the things that are happening, yet you think the one thing you’re a part of is happening to you. It isn’t
- Don’t surrender life, surrender resistance to life. Resistance or the clinging to positive things brings suffering
- Personal preferences get in the way of your ability to objectively view reality. The highest plane is to be able to observe, learn, grow, and accept from all of life’s experiences. Accept whatever reality throws at you
- Most people identify most closely with their thoughts, but realize these are padding as well. You can recognize them and then let them go. They need not rule your life
- Letting go of yourself rather than serving yourself is the real paradigm shift
- Every experience makes you a greater person if you don’t resist it
- Accepting an emotion is the midway between suppressing and expressing
- If you are wise, you’ll change your reactions to reality rather than fighting reality
What I got out of it
- A beautiful book that left me feeling grounded. Nothing new, but many simple, powerful reminders