- The Design Thinking Playbook is an actionable guide to the future of business. By stepping back and questioning the current mindset, the faults of the status quo stand out in stark relief—and this guide gives you the tools and frameworks you need to kick off a digital transformation.
- Combine design thinking with systems thinking and the hybrid model- even complex problems can be solved, agility helps and the range of solutions enlarged through the integration of various approaches
- Use the lean canvas to summarize the findings- it is the link between the final prototype of design thinking and the lean start-up phase!
- The design of business ecosystems becomes a key capability in networked structures–think in value streams and win-win situations for all stakeholders to create a minimum viable ecosystem (MVE)!
- New design criteria are essential in digitization. With the use of artificial intelligence and human-robot interaction, there is an exchange of information, knowledge, and emotions- design this interaction consciously and accept that complex system require more complex solutions!
- Design not only the space but also the work environment. Make sure that the creative spaces are not overloaded less is more!
- Put interdisciplinary teams together consisting of T-shaped and Pi-shaped members- the transparency of the think helps to build winning teams!
- Create an organizational structure without silos and a mindset that matches the organization- this is the only way to design thinking transversally in the company.
- Apply strategic foresight as the ability to plan and design the desired future- successful companies have a strategy and leaders who promote these visions!
- Internalize the mindset and the design thinking process, work in short iterations, and develop an awareness of the goal critical in order to be successful in the end!
- Build up empathy by understanding the actual needs and the background of potential users- this is the only way to innovations!
- Create prototypes under time pressure and test them as early as possible in the real world. Integrate the various stakeholders testing the principle is: Love it, change it, or leave it!
What I got out of it
- A playful, useful guide to the process and mindset behind design thinking