Wilson Bryan Key does a great job of opening the reader's eyes to the often nefarious basis of omnipresent of marketing ads
- Advertisements are very consciously and specifically designed to play into our subconscious. Everybody does it and its interesting to know some of the tools they use
- Sex sells. Its a famous saying for a reason
- Be aware of what or why an ad draws you in
- Really interesting how open and influenced our subconscious can be. Every image or ad is aimed towards your subconscious, not your conscious, when they're trying to sell their products
- "Don't tell a person what to do -that will cause resistance and hostility- rather tell them what or who they are and they will eat out of your hand"
- Never forget the con in confidence and sin in sincere
- Conscious and subconscious motivations lie behind every form of human communication
- The subconscious is often in direct opposition to what the conscious wants
- Primary motive for American media - control and maintain their audiences in order to keep or gain their advertising money
- I am now much more aware of the many tools and tricks ads can employ in order to gain your much sought after attention. A fascinating read and one I would definitely recommend if you are even just remotely interested in the subconscious and how it can be molded and influenced
In the Latticework, we've distilled, curated, and interconnected the 750+book summaries from The Rabbit Hole. If you're looking to make the ideas from these books actionable in your day-to-day life and join a global tribe of lifelong learners, you'll love The Latticework. Join us today.