- It’s what you know about who you know.
- Always be collecting and connecting dots.
- What you know facilitates who you know. What you know dictates how luck you can be.
- At each new stage of life we don’t graduate ‘from’, we graduate ‘to’.
- Ask not what’s in it for me but what can I do for you.
- Share unrelated values and opportunities. People will appreciate it, loyalties will grow, and opportunities will come back to you.
- Don’t change who you are, change the way you think.
- Don’t try too hard, know the difference between a hard and soft ‘no’.
- Less is more – constantly weed people out of your database.
- To the extent you can, integrate your personal and professional life.
- Be passionate about something and become an expert in something.
What I got out of it
- A helpful, practical guide on how to grow and foster your network to help others and help yourself.