The Rabbit Hole is written by Blas Moros. To support, sign up for the newsletter, become a patron, and/or join The Latticework. Original Design by Thilo Konzok.
- The Norse mythology most likely came from Germany and spread north to Scandinavia and later Ireland and England
- Odin - the oldest of the gods, sacrificed an eye for wisdom, the father of all gods and all mortals
- Thor - Odin's son, a strong god, charismatic whereas Odin is cunning, protector of Askgard
- Loke - cunning and subtle, Thor's friend and betrayer, can shape shift, good natured but has a dark side
- The story of the 9 worlds
- The story of how the gods got their gifts - Thor's Hammer, Odin's spear, etc.
- The story of how the gods got their wall
- The story of Loke's children and the wolf/man
- The story when the ogres stole Thor's hammer
- The story of the mead of poetry
- Thor's journey to the land of the giants
- The apples of immortality
- The story of death and Frej
- Thor's fishing expedition
- The death of Bladr
- Ragnarok - the final destiny of the gods
What I got out of it
- Fun to learn about some of the Scandinavian mythological stories and see some of the connections to various other foundational stories
In the Latticework, we've distilled, curated, and interconnected the 750+book summaries from The Rabbit Hole. If you're looking to make the ideas from these books actionable in your day-to-day life and join a global tribe of lifelong learners, you'll love The Latticework. Join us today.