Olivia Fox Cabane
The Charisma Myth by Olivia Fox Cabane
The Rabbit Hole is written by Blas Moros. To support, sign up for the newsletter, become a patron, and/or join The Latticework. Original Design by Thilo Konzok.
- The myth is that charismatic people are simply born that way. It takes work but people can acquire charismatic traits but it is important that you choose what suits your personality as well as the situation you're currently in
- People automatically, almost magically drawn to charismatic people and want their approval. They influence everyone around them
- 3 essential characteristics of charismatic people - presence, power and warmth
- People follow more willingly and take ownership of whatever they're focused on
- Charisma is not inborn; it can be learned and turned on and off. It is a combination of body language and nonverbal cues
- We immediately and instinctively try to asses others power and incentives when we meet them (if they like you)
- Charismatic people have high power and high warmth. They have a presence - completely present and focused on you or the situation on hand
- Make others feel great about themselves
- Can be a charismatic introvert
- Charisma tips - lower intonation of voice, reduce how often you nod, wait two seconds before speaking
What I got out of it
- Lots of great tips and will be something I refer back to a lot. Getting along well with others and being a good leader is essential ub nearly any walk of life and this book helps you get there.