Below are some of the best books my wife and I have come across in our exploration of children’s books
- Elephant and Piggy series: Why? The language is concise, and there is a lesson to each book! Fun and fast reads from toddler to elementary age.
- Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson: Why? This story has a beautiful message about why kindness matters. Jacqueline Woodson is a beautiful writer. Check out all her stories!
- We Found A Hat by Jon Klassen: Why? This is a funny story about wants and dreams that keeps you guessing! It’s fun to ask your child what they think will happen during this story.
- Not a Box by Antoinette Portis: Why? It gives great power to the imagination.
- Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty: Why? The messaging in this book centers around perseverance and curiosity, two important traits to celebrate and teach.
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada: Why? This book takes a perspective switch on problems and how to persevere through them.”
- What Do You Do with an Idea?” by Kobi Yamada: Why? This book shows the beauty of having an idea, playing with it, sticking with it, and seeing it grow.
- Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae: Why? Gerald shows that if you authentically listen to your own beat, you’ll find your groove.