My monthly newsletter covers the books I have read over the course of the month, the challenges I undertook as well as some other interesting articles, blog posts, interviews, tools, hacks, etc.
- Best Self Journal – A structured journal which lets you break down your day, focus on gratitude and what you want to get done that day. Absolute game changer.
- Brain HQ – brain challenging games which are fun and help you improve your memory, reactions, recall and more
- Learn about self-organized criticality, complexity, chaos and emergence (See Sync, Complexity, Thinking in Systems and How Nature Works)
- Coherence and HRV apps – just a couple minutes a day with these two apps gets you focused, calm and aware of your physical, mental and emotional state. I never pay for apps but these are worth it
- David Chang on the Unified Theory of Deliciousness – delicious dishes find a way to overlap paradoxical characteristics in incredible ways. This short talk ties in well with the article
- Bruce Lee on will power, wisdom, reason, imagination, emotion, memory, subconscious mind, conscience and much more
- Seth Godin on the importance of small moments
- Good, broad overview of Strogatz’s Sync in this TED video
- One of Disney’s first animations in Oswald the Rabbit in Trolley Troubles
- Letters to My Younger Self is great – NBA greats write letters to their younger selves with advice. See Kobe, Stoudamire, Turner and Wilson to start
“The best intelligence test is what we do with our leisure.” – Laurence J. Peter