- Dr. Eben Alexander, a neuroscientist, contracts acute graham negative bacterial meningitis which is extremely rare and often fatal. He enters a coma and this book is about his journey during that time, a time when he believes he is in Heaven. While the journey itself can be debated, I believe that the lessons that can be drawn from this book are extremely powerful, universal and the whether his trip to Heaven “really” happened or not is irrelevant.
- Here are some of the highlights I pulled from the book:
- Love is at the center of everything and is of the utmost importance
- Human experience does not stop with the death of the brain or body
- You are unconditionally loved and cherished – you have nothing to fear and can do no wrong
- Everybody is part of the divine – every particle in the universe is interconnected
- It is impossible to separate the observer from what is being observed
- Consciousness is the most “real” thing in the universe and probably the core/base of it all
Gratitude incredibly important for all aspects of life
What I got out of it:
- This will definitely be a book that I re-read. I think the idea of being interconnected, having nothing to fear because you are unconditionally loved and the infinite power of love itself are so powerful. These are the types of principles that I want to live my life bye.
Buy the book here