- Howard Schultz recounts how and what Starbucks did to revive itself during the 2008 financial crisis
- This book reinforces the fact that a GREAT company not only sells a great product or service, but also has the ability to encourage, facilitate, and improve the lives of their employees, their customers, and the world around them.
- Starbucks is an incredible company that helps improve the world around it as well as the lives of all who are lucky enough to somehow be involved. The type of company and culture I would want to be associated with
- The title, Onward, comes from how Schultz used to sign off on his e-mails
- While Schultz is obviously a little biased, it is amazing where Starbucks have come from and it seems very clear that doing good is a central tenet that has been built into everything Starbucks does. The level of detail and care that goes into every decision is praiseworthy and something more people and cultures should emulate