- This book describes in meticulous detail Lee’s ever-evolving workout regimens and favorite exercises
- The greatest talents that Bruce brought to realizing his dreams were intelligence and curiosity, dedication and perseverance and focus
- Jeet Kune Do, which is an all-encompassing approach to living life at the pinnacle of developed potential, naturally includes training the physical body to achieve its peak performance
- The essentials of training are overload and adaptation
- It is important to be systematic in your workout routines – track weight, reps, time, etc.
- Much of the book provides pictures, explanations, routines and the logic behind the workouts – isometric exercises, weight training routines, 20 minute routines, circuit training, abs, forearms, specifics for martial arts, stretching and more
What I got out of it
- Especially useful if you’re training for martial arts but this book is a great reference even for people just looking to get into great overall shape. More than that though, what I found important was seeing Bruce’s dedication to his pursuit, the ‘shedding’ or refinement of techniques and thinking over time to really hone in on what is effective and his open mindedness / disdain for convention when looking to achieve one’s full potential